The models show
- There is a variety of different types of stellar surface convection zones.
The typical pattern of solar granulation might look different.
- Convection in the stellar interior is less violent.
In the luminosity driven convection setup the plumes go upward.
However, it is numerically at least as demanding as surface convection.
Future work (luminosity driven shell convection)
- Grid of 2D models with different heating rates and numerical resolutions.
- Tentative 3D models.
- Parameter tuning, AMR?
- Analysis of mixing properties.
- Multi-fluids: Where does the mixing occur? How efficient is it?
- Mixing + burning: How does the burning affect the mixing (and vice versa)?