1D models and the standard picture:
- Mass loss driven by radiation pressure acting on dust forming in
compressed, cool post-shock regions.
- Dynamical 1D models (e.g. Höfner et al.) use a prescribed piston to
produce waves that turn into shocks.
- The piston parameters and their dependence on stellar parameters is
From 3D models:
- Self-consistent modelling of formaction of acoustic waves
- Frequency and amplitude of radius fluctuations
- Phase relation between radius and luminosity changes
- Dependence on stellar parameters
- Scale and sphericity of the shocks