- AGB models show large high-contrast "surface" features.
- There is no well-defined surface.
- Small-scale "surface" granulation and global convection cells.
- Small- and large-scale shocks.
- Dynamical pressure: levitation of material, almost enough for wind.
- Basic picture robust.
- Details (e.g. of density stratification) depend somewhat on parameters.
Outlook: Coupling with dynamical 1D models
- 3D models: measure the radius of a mass shell vs. time.
- 1D models: insert this function as piston movement.
- Project with Sofie Liljegren and Susanne Höfner (poster S1-13) .
Outlook: Improving the 3D models
- (Higher resolution)
- Non-grey opacity tables: temperature structure
- Outer box with optical thin radiation
- Dust + Radiation pressure
- Magnetic fields