Open question (to be addressed with the simulations)
- Velocity amplitudes? Time scales? Vertical scales?
- Dependence on Teff, logg?
- Dependence on numerical parameters (particularly the upper boundary condition)?
- Vertical mixing of dust by shear-flow induced turbulence?
- Contribution to microturbulence?
More open question
- Size, shape, and dynamics of large-scale flow patterns (on a rotating star)?
- Could the horizontal flows account for observed structures and variability?
- Are the strong horizontal flows in the coolest models credible?